The Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmacognosy Research (JPPRes) is an international, specialized and peer-reviewed open access journal, under the auspices of AVAGAX – Diseño, Publicidad y Servicios Informáticos, which publishes studies in the pharmaceutical and herbal fields concerned with the physical, botanical, chemical, biological, toxicological properties and clinical applications of molecular entities, active pharmaceutical ingredients, devices and delivery systems for drugs, vaccines and biologicals, including their design, manufacture, evaluation and marketing. This journal publishes research papers, reviews, commentaries and letters to the editor as well as special issues and review of pre-and post-graduate thesis from pharmacists or professionals involved in Pharmaceutical Sciences or Pharmacognosy.
JPPRes has an acceptance rate of 26% (2018). The average time between submission and final decision is 70 days and the average time between acceptance and final publication is 15 days.
Manuscripts submitted to JPPRes are only accepted on the understanding that they are subject to editorial review and that they have not been, and will not be, published in whole or in part in any other journal.
In order to provide free access to readers, and to cover the costs of peer review, copyediting, typesetting, long-term archiving, and journal management, an article-processing charge (APC) of 250 USD (US Dollars) applies to papers accepted after peer review..
JPPRes accepts, in Spanish or English, review articles, articles for educational forum, original research articles (full length and short communications), letter to editor and case reports. Articles concerning all aspects of Pharmacy and Pharmacognosy will be considered. Articles of general interest (e.g. methods, therapeutics, medical education, interesting websites, new drug information and commentary on a recent topic) are also welcome.
Manuscripts in which language is difficult to understand may be returned to the author for revision before scientific review.
Biochemists, Biotechnologists, Botanists, Chemical Engineers, Clinical Pharmacologists, Medical Scientists, Medicinal Chemists, Natural Product Chemists, Pharmaceutical Scientists, Pharmacologists, Pathologists, Plant Scientists, and Toxicologists, among others.
- Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Analytical Toxicology
- Biochemical Pharmacology
- Chinese Medicine Resources
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Cosmetic Science
- Drug Delivery System
- Drug Information
- Drug Metabolism
- Education in Pharmacy, Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy
- Ethnobotany and Ethnopharmacology
- Food-Drug Interactions, Herbal-Drug Interactions, Drug-Drug Interactions
- Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals
- Health and Medical Informatics
- Herbal Medicine
- Medical Anthropology
- Medication Management
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Molecular Medicine
- Molecular Modeling
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutical Care
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Raw Material Science
- Pharmaceutical Research
- Pharmaceutical Raw Materials
- Pharmacy Informatic
- Pharmacy Practice
- Physical Pharmaceutics
- Social and Administrative Pharmacy
- Traditional Medicine
- Veterinary Pharmacology
JPPRes considers only original contributions submitted exclusively to the journal. Prior and duplicate publications are not allowed. Publication of abstract under conference proceedings will not be considered as prior publication. It is the duty of the authors to inform the JPPRes about all submissions and previous reports that might be regarded as prior or duplicate publication.
Manuscripts for publication will be considered on their individual merits. All manuscripts will be subjected to peer review. Normally manuscripts will be sent to at least two reviewers and their comments along with the editorial board’s decision will be forwarded to the contributor for further action.
The JPPRes insists on ethical practices in both human and animal experiments. Evidence for approval by a local Ethics Committee must be supplied by the authors on demand. Animal experimental procedures should be as humane as possible and the details of anaesthetics and analgesics used should be clearly stated. The ethical standards of experiments must be in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the World Medical Association (Declaration of Helsinki) for experiments involving humans and EU Directive 2010/63/EU for animal experiments. The journal will not consider any paper which is ethically unacceptable. A statement on ethics committee permission and ethical practices must be included in all research articles under the ‘Materials and Methods’ section. Uniform Requirements for manuscripts submitted to Biomedical Journals must be observed.
Authors must be careful when they reproduce text, tables or illustrations from other sources. Plagiarism will be viewed seriously. Please see Instructions. All accepted papers are subject to editorial changes.
The copyright of the articles are those of the authors and the rights of editing and publishing to JPPRes. The articles published in the journal may be used freely for educational and scientific purposes as long as proper citation of these is made.
The journal is abstracted/indexed with:
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Web of Science (Emerging Sources Citation Index)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- REDALYC (Red de Revistas Científicas de América Latina y el Caribe, España y Portugal)
- REDIB (Red Iberoamericana de Innovación y Conocimiento Científico)
- ROAD (Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources)
- Urlich´s International Periodical Directory, New Jersey
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus International
- PERIODICA (Índice de Revistas Latinoamericanas en Ciencias – Dirección General de Bibliotecas, UNAM, Mexico)
- Qualis CAPES
- HINARI (Research in Health Programme from the World Health Organization)
- LATINDEX (Sistema Regional de Información en Línea para Revistas Científicas de América Latina, el Caribe, España y Portugal)
- United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) – National Center for Biotechnology Information
Note: This site does not host or receive funding from advertising.
Last Update: July 1, 2019